Posted in Reviews and Comparisions | Tags : .ws domains, gdi, gdi system, gdi team, global domain international, how to succeed at gdi, make money online, success tips, web hosting, what is gdi, work from home
What is GDI – Global Domains International
GDI or Global Domains International is an establised Inc. 500 company that manages the .ws domain names on the internet. Domain names are the web addresses that companies have on the internet. For example, google.com is a domain name. eBay.com, interloper.com, verizon.net are all examples of domain names. When you type in ebay.com in your browser, you are taken to that business’s (eBay in this case) address and you can now interact and conduct business with them. GDI handles domain names that end in .ws.
- What is a .WS and why do we need it?
Remember all Toll Free telephone numbers used to be 1-800. Then they started running out and 1-877 was added and then 1-866. Similarly, .com and .net are running out. Here comes .ws to the rescue. WS for website. Business and non-business entities both can have a .ws domain name.
- If you could not get an appropriate .com, .net or .org because it was already taken, you can most likely get a .ws for yourself. Now is your chance.
- How much does it cost?
$10 a month at GDI.
- Can I build a WordPress blog or a regular website on these domains?
Yes you can.
- How can I get a .ws domain?
Just go to http://website.ws and fill out the form.
- Can I get a .ws domain name from another company?
Yes you can. We have a list of Domain Registration Companies that can provide you with a .ws domain name.
- Can I host a .ws domain website at any web host?
Yes you can.
- Can I transfer .ws domains from one domain registrar to another?
No. That is a sore point with many owners of .ws sites. The annual registration fee is triple that of .com or .net domains and you cannot change registrars. That means no competition. That means your registrar doesn’t have to offer you a competitive price.
- Can I make money with GDI?
Yes you can. See related post, GVO vs GDI – which one is better.