Posted in Reviews and Comparisions| Tags : best hosting, cheapest vps hosting, cloud computing, dedi servers, dedicated server, server for hosting, server hosting, server in, virtual machine, virtual private servers, virtual server, virtual server server, virtualserver, vps, vps hosting, vps servers, web hosting
VPS Hosting – Review & Comparison
What is VPS – Virtual Private Servers: VPS is a method of partitioning a server in such a way that each partition is allowed to act as it’s own server or a virtual dedicated server. Each VPS runs its own operating system, has its own bandwidth and disk space, and can be individually rebooted.
Why VPS: Most people start of their websites using shared hosting. It is inexpensive and is good enough for most individuals and small businesses. However; when you starting making progress in the world of internet marketing, shared hosting cannot handle your processing load and your bandwidth. You can go with your own dedicated server but that is an expensive route. VPS severs are in between shared hosting and dedicated servers. You get great performance at a more reasonable cost and if your traffic grows more than anticipated, you can easily ratchet up the hardware and bandwidth needed.
There are lots of companies offering VPS hosting and it is difficult to find out which provider is the best for you. The following comparison will make it easier for you.
|Data Center in Orlando. If you choose to pay for a whole year in advance, you get six months free.|
|Lower rates apply if paid a year in advance. Multiple data centers in USA and Europe.|
|Servers are located in Dallas and Houston, TX, USA.|
|1&1 VDS Dynamic Cloud||Servers are located in Lenexa, KS, USA. Max 30 domains on entry level packages. Do look into their dynamic cloud server. Not a VPS but very similar and at a great price.|
|Servers located in Columbus, OH, USA.|
|Servers based in Portland, OR and Seattle, WA, USA.|
|Servers based in Seattle, WA, USA.|
|Servers based in Los Angeles, CA and Washington, DC, USA. Aggressive discounts if paid in advance for the whole year. cPanel included at no extra charge.|
|Servers are located in Dallas, TX, USA. Discounts available if you pay up front for the whole year.|
|Servers are located in Orem, UT, USA.|
|1GB/5GB/ 100GB/ND||2GB/10GB/ 250GB/ND||4GB/20GB/ 250GB/ND|
Notes: comparison of web hosting companies:
- CPU: The amount of guaranteed CPU resource/usage allocated to your VPS node.
- ND: Not disclosed. Certain hosts don’t disclose the CPU figures.
- Some values are rounded up.
- Why is money back guarantee important? Because if for whatever reason you are not satisfied, you can recover your investment and start afresh with a new hosting company. For example, if you sign up and after setting up your website, you find your website is running very slow. That means that the host is not providing appropriate resources or you have selected a plan that is not good enough for your load. Time to get your money back and move on. Most provide money back within the first 30 days but check before placing your order.
- Set up is Free on all the above VPS hosting plans.
- Most offer hosting of unlimited domains and unlimited MYSQL databases.
- Most don’t offer Fantastico as part of the bundled price. You can buy and install Fantastico yourself if you like.
- They all offer email services so we have not included that in the comparison table.
- They all provide web site statistics, 24/7 telephone, chat and email support.
- We intend to keep this comparison updated periodically as more and more people are setting up virtual private servers (VPS) and it is always helpful to compare the latest VPS hosting deals.