- Prepare: First put your thoughts on paper, practice and then create a video. It’s your business – shouldn’t you try to create a nice impression?
- Know your audience: The same topic can be presented multiple ways. If your target market is home business and your video is more geared towards a corporate audience, there will be a disconnect.
- First let people know what you are going to tell them, then tell them, then summarize and tell them what you just told them. It’s the same methodology that you must follow in a live presentation.
- Use SEO guidelines for subject/title, description and keywords/tags. Search engines index videos and are quite friendly towards videos. Put some thought into it and watch your videos show prominently in search results.
- Mention your URL in several places in the video or watermark it. Some people will steal your videos. This way, at least your website URL gets some air time even if it is stolen.
- Use your picture if using a screen cast – helps people put a face on your business and makes them feel more comfortable.
- When unsure about how loud should the audio be, err on the side of loudness. There are way too many videos where you can’t hear the audio and ends up being a wasted effort.
- Embed your videos in your blog posts / websites. Helps improve the SEO of your blog / website.
- Use services like Tube Mogul to promote your videos to multiple sites. YouTube is the biggest but it is not the only one. Sometimes, search engines pick up non-YouTube videos ahead of YouTube videos.
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)